How do I tell my family we are pregnant again?

We were not expecting to have a baby and I was on birth control. I just enrolled in school and our life was barely getting back on track. My husband is working but not full time yet. Basically starting over after being unemployed for a while. We have a 2 year old already and so we have a lot of baby stuff left over in storage. My mom does not believe people should have kids close together in age and that dont have a full time job. I dont know when or how to tell her I have a feeling she will be very upset with me. I told my dad and he is happy about it. He also offered to help out anyway he can. Although he has always offered to help even when we were really hurting. So I know if we really need help we will go to him. My grandma will also be upset about. I am 8 weeks so far and just dont know when or how to tell them. Any suggestions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I say tell them when you are prepared to deal with any backlash. I expect they will get over it as soon as the new baby arrives, or possibly even before then; if they don't get over it then just stay away from them until they come around. I would tell them it wasn't the way you planned things to be and you understand it is going to be hard, but you really hope they can wish you well and be supportive rather than make things harder for you. GL & Congrats!
    Anonymous

• well just say mom im on birth contol you know and i thought i would be safe but now im expacting
    babygurl391

Answer by babygurl391 at 3:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Now I know better not to use the same one ever again too!! After this baby I will get an IUD probably.
    Anonymous

• This thing happens all the time. Wait tell you have gotten over the miscarriage stage. then just say "I am pregnant" then say it was not planed I was on BC.

Answer by louise2 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I would wait until you are out of the 1st trimester, that would buy you time to figure it out. Then you could tell her the truth, the birth control failed and you are pregnant. At first she may be upset, but she will come around and I am sure she will be excited about her 2nd grandchild. Good luck and congratulations!!
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 3:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2010