Premature babies...

I ask a lot of questions, but that's why this is here I suppose, right? lol Ok, so I was just wondering, if the father was a premie baby does that mean there's more of a chance that our baby will be one too?

BAR427

Asked by BAR427 at 3:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Its not the baby that determines when it will be born, its the mother's body.
    Anonymous

• No. The 2 are in no way connected. Now if YOU were a premie, there could be a slight chance that you would have a premie, but its still slim to none.
    Anonymous

• There are a lot of reasons a baby can be premature. It's possible depending on why the father was premature. If it was because of a genetic disorder and the baby has the same genetic disorder the baby could be premature.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Nope, there is so many reasons why a baby was born premature. My Dh was 2 months premature and our 1st baby was born at 39 weeks. Our son came at 36 weeks, only because I was induced due to medical issues and our 3rd came on her own at 36 weeks.
    Anonymous

• nope, breath mama. when did your mom haver hers? your more likey to go closer to when your mom when then his.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 8:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• mine both were
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2010