frist period or not

my daughter is 9 year old ,she have boob and all the other suff about frist day of school we just waiting period and under hair. she was in bathroom friday day night she was taking a bath thatnight .i was getting her clothers at the bathroom i saw blood her underware.ok this my question she only 9 year she be 10 in novmber 10 .is about start .she dont spend night no were she go to school and dance 5 time a week. no one been toch her.

sweetpea292

Asked by sweetpea292 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• yes, it sounds like the dreaded AF has arrived
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Periods can start as early as 9-10 years old, so I would say that's what it is. You may want to have "the talk" with her.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• English is not your first language isn't it?

Answer by louise2 at 3:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I started at 9 two weeks before my 10th birthday, nice present lol!
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• It can deffinately be her period. Bring it up to her and ask her about it, make sure you show her comfort when talking about it, so she will feel very comfortable about it and coming to you.

My daughter is 10 and she started her period about 4 months ago. I prepared her way ahead of time. She understood what a period was by age 8. Then when she got it, I made it exciting. We threw her a little "woman" party. We ate dinner at Olive Garden and everyone brought her little gifts (lip gloss, hair brush, pads of different assortments, a necklace, pedicure kit ect...)

She is very comfortable about her body and is not afraid to talk to me about anything which is absolutely important for when they are older and dating.
    XxPixiesworldxX

Answer by XxPixiesworldxX at 11:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I can never understand wanting to make a period exciting. I dreaded it upon hearing about it from 3rd grade and worried about when I would get it all the way up till 8th when I actually did. I didn't even tell my mom right away. I would have been mortified if she told everyone and had a party and they brought products with them!!
    Anonymous

• Wow that was rude. Who cares if her English isn't very good. She asked a question, lay off. It sounds like her period is on its way, have you talked to her about it already. The fact she had blood in her underwear and she didn't tell you, has me wondering if you have had the talk with her about it.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it sounds like she got her first period.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:30 PM on Apr. 24, 2010

• My daughter started her's right before her 10th birthday. Fortunately we had had that talk the summer prior. I asked her pediatrician about it and she said yep that's what it is. Here is a kit from Kotex. It costs a little bit, but it gives great information in a kid friendly manner.
    http://www.dotgirlproducts.com/The-Dot-Girls-First-Period-Kit_p_3.html

Hang in there it only gets better.
    jennwyse

Answer by jennwyse at 10:44 AM on May. 3, 2010