Do I wait or just find the confidence now?

Recently, a guy I dated for just a little while contacted me on facebook. He saw that I am now single and sent me an email. We have chatted a lot. He asked me out but I haven't accepted yet. I'm nervous. I've gained some weight and I'm trying to lose it but it's taking a long time. At the same time, I'd really like to go out with him again. I tried to hint to him that my body had changed but he just said I looked pretty in my pictures.....well, my pictures just show my face, he might not be able to tell how different I really look. Should I just tell him that I'm overweight now, or do I just meet him and let him see for himself? Or should I wait until I lose a few pounds?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• if this guy likes YOU it shouldn't matter what size you are. i know how you feel, but relax. if he's worth meeting, it won't matter to him. but if it bothers you that bad, he'll sense it, and it will turn him off. good guys want girl with confidence.

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 4:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I hope you eventually would like to end up with a guy who loves you for who you are and not for how you look, how much you weigh, or for any other superficial reason. I say accept his invitation and if he never calls you again, then you will know he was never the man for you and you can cross him off the list.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I agree with the above two posts. If you see the guy and he runs in the other direction over a little weight gain, you don't need to be with him anyway!!! Love yourself for you. Loose the weight for you. Don't put your life on hold over a few pounds! Good luck!
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 4:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• it doesnt matter if he likes you for who you are a few extra pounds wont mean shit, and if he doesnt like the way you look then its his loss...id say go for it dont miss your chance for a happily ever after
    Anonymous