constipated baby

My daughter is 5 months. She hasn't pooped much lately. The last two have been little pellets. What can I do for her she is in pain and her belly is tight. Can I give her apple juice? I don't have the car today so I cant really go buy anything right now. And if I can give apple juice how much and do I dilute it?

xredstarsx

Asked by xredstarsx at 4:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can do prune juice...1oz juice 3 oz water. I'm sure the same would apply to apple juice.
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 4:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I usually give juice half and half. Half juice half water. I know how you feel. When my oldest was a baby he stayed constipated. It was awful. He later had potty training problems when it came to poop in the potty. I'm so glad he is out of that!

If bad comes to worse you can give her a soap suds enema.....Message me if you want to know more about that.....
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 4:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• What's her diet?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• You can put a teaspoon of keyro syrup in her formula and it will take care of it with out upseting her tumy and most pediatritions sugest it.
    Lacymarrie

Answer by Lacymarrie at 4:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Thanks for your help. She doesn't get bottles unless I am at work but I tried a little apple juice. I really hope it helps. I think it is because we started baby food last week. She has had squash and sweet potato so far and i don't really know if they cause constipation.
    xredstarsx

Answer by xredstarsx at 5:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• i've done all of the above but there is one thing i did. as long as it's not all the time. using a rectal thermo-meter and a small amount of k-y jelly . just the tip to stimulate her anus.
    Anonymous

• How is she fed? Breastfed? Formula? That's a big factor in telling you what to do. If she's breastfed and she's pooping hard pellets then there's definately something to look at - probably that she's not nursing ENOUGH. If she's formula fed, then it might be the formula.
    lifetimelove

Answer by lifetimelove at 11:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I did prune juice with my daughter but watered it down a little ---now I can give her miralax (shes 3)but I think you mite have to consult a dr.
    glitterygirl79

Answer by glitterygirl79 at 5:06 AM on Apr. 21, 2010