I feel so depressed.

what would you do? My husband is gone Monday thru Thursday and is home friday afternoon through Sunday night and goes back to work Monday. The reason is: the economy, no work where we live and only job he could find is 2 hrs away and w/traffic it turns into 4 hrs. I feel alone, lonely, like this is no way to live. He took this job so as not lose the house and of course provide for the kids. But, I can't help feel this way, I have to keep with with the house, 2 kids, work, no social life, no work out life, family is 45 min. away and at this point is hard to be positive. Husband is away from home, but, at least gets to hang out w/friends/family....I don't. It scares me this is going to break us. Am I childish or inmature for feeling this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• no ou arent, however remmeber hes just doing what he NEEDS to do, support you guys:) so dont get angry with him, but no ou arent wrong for feeling this way.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 4:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• It will help if you see this as temporarily necessary in order for your family to stay afloat. Instead of thinking of how awful your situation is, try thinking positively about it--things like how fortunate you are that your husband has a job at all. Millions don't right now and couldn't find one, no matter how hard they tried. Also, try looking forward to the week-ends and work on making them such fun times together that your children will never forget when Daddy came home. You don't have to spend a lot of money, just be creative. Get the children involved. Ask them for suggestions about fun things to do. Even if they are little, you may get some very good suggestions. Make everything about "when Daddy comes home." Tell your children every day about how hard their daddy works so they can have what they have and so you can, too. Do whatever it takes to get your mind off yourself and on to other things. This is temporary!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Take control of your life. You can be depressed or you can do something! Make the best of your situation. If you work and he is only gone M thru R it doesn't seem like there would be that much time alone twith 2 kids to take care of. I could see it being depressed if you were stuck at home with 2 babies and no car, no internet, no TV.

Just keep busy. If you have problems sleeping and don't like watching TV your could read or learn a hobby like knitting. At least you have a husband and a house and you both have jobs. Focus on the good.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Yea, you'll be okay. I've been there. Feeling depressed that my guy is gone working and school all day and me too, I work and go to school but also juggle the baby's life and housecleaning alone. That leaves no time for social activities. It sucks. You REALLY need to schedule in just a few hours together every couple of weeks. Make it a priority. Your mood will boost. Tell him you need him to be available for some phone calls. Let a family member know you need something, if they will help. Reach out beyond cafemom, something good will come your way. Do it soon before depression takes the best of you...
    preggoandfat

Answer by preggoandfat at 4:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Maybe try to find a moms group, or a play group, somewhere that you can socialize and have your kids with you. I spend at least 90% of the time alone with my kids, I take them outside, go to playgrounds, was in a playgroup until I moved, I just make it enjoyable, the more you focus on the things you are missing out on the more misserable you are going to be. Tell your husband how thankful you are that he is willing to sacrafice so much to provide for you all, it cant be easy on him either. Keep yourself busy, you can enjoy life with your kids, even if you are doing it alone!
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 6:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Get a hobby or something for you. I was depressed but I decided for the first time to change my life and have something just for me you should pick a day and find something that will either fufill your passion or maybe create a hobby for you. It can only help.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I was in the same boat, for 5 years dh gone mon thru thurs. He was doing it to keep us in our house and take care of his family. Then last year he got a new job and is home every night. It was so hard being alone, I know how you feel. I chose to keep my head up and take care of myslef and my family, you need to do the same. You are a good person, stay strong it will all work out.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Blatent truth........... yes you are. Where is your sympathy for the sacrifice he is making. I mean c'mon now....time to grow up!
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 1:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2010