Preganacy test positive? Now what.

I am 2 weeks late and got a positive pregnancy test 2 days ago. The only one who knows is my Best guy friend who is not the father. I haven't told my parents or anything yet because they aren't going to take it well. Anyway When do I go to the doctor? I read online that you go at 8 or 1o weeks so since I'm only 2 weeks(I guess) when do I call. Does it take long to get an appointment?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Congrats! Call Your DR and Set up a Appointment most DR's want to see you around 8-10 weeks for the first visit.
    Anonymous

• Go ahead and call the doctor. When they want to see you for your first appointment varies from doctor to doctor, but they can go ahead and set up your appointment when you call.

Congrats!
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• CONGRATES!!!! you should go ahead and make an appointment with your doctor to confirm and get an due date!
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Depends on how busy the Dr is. My OBGYN I have to call at least 3 months ahead.
    Anonymous

• how old are you? and why not tell ur parents and the father? they may be mad at you but ur gonna need their help
    Anonymous

• Sweetie, first of all if you are 2 weeks late on your period than you are already about 6 weeks pregnant. Your pregnancy technically starts on the first day of you LMP so count forward from there. Secondly, all OB's are different on when they want you to come in but your best bet is to call and let them know you got a positive pregnancy test and they will tell you when they want to see you. I was at 2 different practices for my 3 pregnancies. The first two I called on a Thur to schedule and appt and they had openings on Monday and the last one I called at 4 1/2 weeks and they didnt want to see me til I was 7 weeks along.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2010