What did you forget to pack for the hospital?

I'm ready!! I mean totally wiggin' out cause I can't go through the bags anymore because I've rechecked everything 6 times!!! Daddy's, baby's and mommy's bags are GOOD TO GO! So what am I forgetting? lol

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your own pads? I hated the elephant ones they provided at the hospital (plus they didn't have wings, and wingless pads always get scrunched up for me).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 5:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Slippers, toothpaste, toothbrush, hairbrush, makeup (if you're going to be there any length of time--I was there 3 weeks!). A nice lotion, music, baby clothes (if you want, otherwise the hospital will put a tee on baby, probably), munchies, energy drinks, something to tie hair back...............
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 5:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I forgot the worst thing in the world to forget with a first baby... the flipping camera. No pics of my oldest at the hospital or being born.. They didn't have the disposable ones then either :(
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• so far so good! I've got everything you ladies mentioned. Keep em coming mammas!!!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• i have my bags ready also...i packed clothes for baby..onsies, sleepers, wipes for baby..i hate the dry ones the hospital provided, slippers, robe, nightgowns, going home outfit for me and baby, blankets for baby, swaddlers for baby, toiletires for you, lotions, camera, list of phone numbers to tell ppl good news, you paperwork from OB's office if they provided it for you, snacks, socks...im bringing my own blanket too.....i go in for a sceduled induction this thursday!! GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND CONGRATS
    Anonymous

• I never forgot to pack anything that I needed, I just didn't bring it in! My second labor went a lot faster than my first, and I didn't realize how far along I was. So, we left everything in the car and Dh was going to go back out and get it if they admitted me. But I was 9 almost 10 cm and there was definately no time to go back out and get the bag. I was so upset that I didn't have the camera, it's really all I cared about. Some fresh socks would have been nice too, since my water broke all over them, but the only critical thing was the camera. Now we have no pictures of her until she is about an hour old. But even that is no big deal really. So the moral of the story is, even if you aren't sure if they will admit you, bring your bag in anyway.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• i suggest getting slippers that you can throw away when you leave the hospital. that is a very dirty, germy place!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 8:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• i didnt bring anything for dh lol
    i also forgot cash, and snacks
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 8:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I have to agree with erika, you might want to pack sandwich makings or something if you don't have much money to spend on hospital food because they don't serve your spouse. We were completely broke when we went and we only packed a few snacks so he had to go home and get something to eat. Other than that I think everyone listed just about everything. GL and congrats!!!!!! :)
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• EVERYBODY FORGETTING CARSEART AND PHONE OR CAMERA CHARGER
    HERE'S MY LIST FOOD,MONEY,CARSEAT,DIAPERS,BOTTLES,ABOUT A WEEK OF CLOTHES FOR THE BABY,LOTION,HAIRBRUSH,SLIPPER,SOCKS,COMFORTY CLOTHES,SWEATER,TONS OF UNDERWEAR ( ITHINK THE HOSPITAL ONES),COMFORTY BRAS,MAKE-UP,SHAMPOO,BODY SOAP,BATH TOWEL,MUSIC,GAMES,CD PLAYER,PILLOW,BLANKETS FOR THE BABY,OUTFIT FOR THE BABY'S 1ST PICTURES
    blackjack

Answer by blackjack at 1:37 PM on Apr. 21, 2010