Ever regretted the name you gave your baby?

We didn't name our son 'til a few hours after he was born. DH came up with a name, i thought about it a bit and was like "sure!" Wish I had thought about it more. Mostly, wish I had switched the middle and first name so his first name would be after my dad (who died when I was a little girl). I know I could call him that, but afraid I might offend DH, because my brother calls him by his middle name because he HATES his first name, so DH is already offended by that. I don't want to hurt DH's feelings....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No way. I put 9 or months of thought into the names I gave my kids. I love em! I even got to help my sil choose my nephew's name. I have a thing for names. Though,I bet you'll find that the name given to your ds will sound better as time goes by and even fit him. ;)
    Anonymous

• Yup..Named my first daughter Kayla , didn't know it was the most poular name that year..I never knew of anyone or heard it much and thought it was so pretty..But just in her Girl Scout Troop there are 4 of them!!!
    kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 5:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Yep, my ds is Phillip Joe Jr.... Wish I had named him after my father
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 5:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• i wish i could change my son's middle and last. his mid is after his bio dad and last is my maiden name which is my dads of course and we arent that peachy.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• my dh picked my dd's name, it never really rolled off my tongue until after she was one! i am over it now. trouble is now naming this next baby!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• no, my hubby let me name the kids by myself since i was pregnant with them lol. so i thought about it long and hard.... but i was nice and picked ones that were agreeable to him too :)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• ummm does wishing that they didn't have my ex-husband's last name count? LOL
    SuprMom12042702

Answer by SuprMom12042702 at 8:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• yes, i had the name david for a long time but ex. talked me out of it. then i wanted mathew. wish i'd of stuck to my guns. ex. picked the name cody. i was fine with it for a long time but now that he's in his rebellious teen years i really wish i'd have stuck with mathew.
    Anonymous

• Nope... I knew from about the age 16 I was going to name my first girl Ashley lol and it just fits her perfect.. I can't imagine her being named anything else
    mommytoashley

Answer by mommytoashley at 8:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Nope I always knew I was going to have a hannah. I was going to name her hannah rebeckah but i found out that my aunt was going around telling everyone i was giving my dd her middle name so i changed it to hannah louise. I dont particuarly care for my aunt. and my sons name is something my husband came up with.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 8:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2010