What is good to clean walls other than magic eraser?

I need some suggestions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Home & Garden

• It depends on the finish of the walls and the type of "dirt" that needs to be cleaned. If you have wood paneling then Murphey's Oil Soap is great. If you have painted walls then Mr. Clean or Lysol and water is good for basic sanitizing. If you need to clean them before painting, then TSP is the way to go.
    Anonymous

• I use the Mr. Clean purple cleaner with Febreeze in it. I LOVE it!!! It makes my whole house smell wonderful!!! It also does a great job!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 7:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I use a 50/50 mix of white vinegar & water. It is safe for just about any surface, disinfects, cuts grease and is non-toxic. The vinegar smell dissipates quickly, so your house won't smell like a salad bowl, but if you really want it to smell of something else, just add a few drops of an essential oil (lemon, orange, lavender, etc.) to your spray bottle.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I use the water/vinegar home made cleaner as well. But I also use a product QVC sells called X-O. It's an all natural cleaner and deodorizer and I use it maybe 2 times a year on walls and I make a fabric refresher wih it for furniture, rugs and drapes...
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Those Mr. Clean things for the bath and shower. Its like a sponge on a stick. Those are what I use and they reach high places also. But Mr. Clean is great, makes the house smwll sooo good :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• For scuffs and marks, I like to use Ajax or Comet with a scrubby sponge.
    To wash walls, I use vinegar water.
    mrsderekjeter

Answer by mrsderekjeter at 11:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Are you just washing the walls? Or is there a specific stain? I know if its markers (even permanent) rubbing alcohol works.

nautired

Answer by nautired at 1:40 PM on Apr. 21, 2010