I'm so confused!

I went to the dr and found out I am pregnant. According to my last period I should be about 6 weeks, but my hcg level (80.5) says I am about 1-2 weeks but we haven't had sex in at least 2 weeks so how is this possible?

Also I am having a lot of clear discharge which actually gets my panties pretty wet... This is my 2nd pregnancy, but I don't remember having this with my first. Did anyone else have this? Is it normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sperm lives in the vagina for as long as three days. Then it takes time for the fertilized egg to travel and implant in the uterine wall.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Welcome to the world of second pregnancy!! (LOL) I had the same thing with my 2nd and it freaked me out!! I actually had to wear pantyliners some days. It only got worse the farther along I got too. (probably didn't make you feel any better there...sorry)
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 6:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Dont expect ANYTHING with your second pregnancy....OR THE SECOND BABY for that matter.....to be anything alike! LOL

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I am on my second pregnancy and I get VERY wet a lot and it has been through the whole pregnancy! I didn't have this with the first one either!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 6:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• What is the doc going to do? There is the possibility that your body is either working on a miscarriage which would mean that your levels would be dropping or that maybe you have a blighted ovum (empty sac) But if you are only 1-2 weeks then technically you wouldnt have even conceived yet because that would have been how long it would take after your LMP to ovulate. Maybe he means 1-2 weeks past conception which would be about 3-4 weeks
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 7:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• At exactly 4 weeks past my missed period, my hcg was 59 - very low. less than a week later it jumped up to 1341 which was right on target. The doc was very happy. Many women start out with a low number and things go just fine and I hope that's the case for you.

Yesterday i found out that I lost my baby at 9 weeks - i was 9 1/2 weeks. The best advice I can give you is if your doc hasnt' already ordered it, get a few follow up bloodworks taken to help ease your mind. I hope the best for you and baby!!!
    Anonymous