have you ever quit a job? I want to quit my job so bad but i don't know how. I really don't care if i have another to replace it right now but i don't want it to look bad when i do go to find another. What would i put on my application? Maybe that my manager is a dick??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• How long have you been at this job?
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't quit your job thiers hundreds of people without jobs right now.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 6:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• going on 2 yrs
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't put that! You should never bad-mouth a former employer when looking for a new job. Maybe go with personal reasons, scheduling problems, or some other generic reason.
    Anonymous

• Do not burn your bridges. You will always need a reference from a previous job and it's just not worth it to storm out. I have worked at a lot of places and had a lot of asshole bosses but you always have to be the bigger person if you are concerned about your career at all. Put in your two weeks and look for something else.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• going on 2 yrs

How long do you know the manager?
    Anonymous

• i know, i know. i was being sarcastic.
    Anonymous

• Even though the "mangager is a dick" idea is pretty funny.....lol.....I would change it around to be a positive....such as...."desire to move to a more challenging job" or "wish to find a job where I can move up into manager positions" etc.

That way it sounds like you had an easy time at this job and WANT to work....know what I mean.

I am pretty good at filling out at application...I can make pretty much anyone sound appealing...lol
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 6:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• she has been the manager from the time i started. sometimes she is okay and sometimes she is crazy.
    Anonymous

• sometimes she is okay and sometimes she is crazy

Isn't everybody.
    Anonymous