should i send my child to school

My little girl 4 years old stayed home monday b/c she had a rash on her bottom and one was swollen, had heat to it and it was hard. I took her to the doc and they had to cut it (its a very small cut) and drain it. well she took her aintibiotic and she threw up 2 times and had a fever of 101.8 so she didn't go to school today either her bottom still is hurting her when you touch that area or if she sits on that part of butt it is in her upper crack part so it hurts her to run should i send her to school or should i keep her out again??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would keep her home until the fever is gone and she can sit without too much pain.
    Anonymous

• op the fever is gone now she woke up and didn't have one anymore
    Anonymous

• Is she in preschool or kindergarten? It's usually not a big deal for that age to miss a few days. Or is it an issue because you work and have to stay home if she stays home?
    Anonymous

• I would definitely let her stay home. She's still young to be in school, anyway, and if she's hurting, she needs her mommy. This sounds like MRSA... Did the doctor tell you what it is? If it is MRSA, that's very contagious.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 7:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I am a stay at home mom i watch other peoples children here she is in pre k but her school calls everytime she is out for more then 2 days and 3 weeks ago she was out for a whole week with scarlet fever and pnemonia so i hate her missing so much
    Anonymous

• supposed to stay home until fever free for 24 hours at least
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Keep that poor baby home until she can sit comfortably. I wouldn't send her to school, I'd want her home with me.
    Anonymous