please tell me...?

iv got everyone up my but because my 3 year old is not potty trained, we are working on it and she just dosnt have it down yet enought to get rid of diapers. i dont see anything wrong with it but everyones telling me im just not doing it right and that ill never have her potty trained.

please tell me im not the only one whos 3 year old isnt potty trained?, or did your LO potty train late how old were they?

ashleywilkerson

Asked by ashleywilkerson at 6:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughter started potty training at 3, and that was when she was finally ready for it. She's 3.5 now and doing great. Don't let anyone else get you down. She'll be potty trained when she's ready.
    Anonymous

• You won't "never have her potty trained". Some kids just take a little longer. Don't worry about what other people think, you're doing fine mamma.
    Anonymous

• my son's potty training was interupted (at 2-1/2) by the death of both my parents. Losing them both at basically the same time devastated me and potty training went right out the window! You know what.... people still gave me a hard time about him not being trained before 3yo!!

We started to train again at 3, and by 3-1/2 he was relaibly dry (day and night!)

Don't worry.... your DD will get the hang of it! If she goes past 4yo and your still having trouble, you may need help and advice, but until then don't let the nosey people make you feel bad!!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 6:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• She will be potty trained, sometimes it just takes longer! My dd is almost 2.5 and is potty training.. but my friends dd is almost 3 and just isn't ready yet no matter how hard my friend tries! Not just that, little things can set them back or cause them to stress... both our dd's were starting to train before their dad's came home from Iraq and when daddy came home they stopped! My friend also had another baby which set her dd back as well. Another friend's dd wasn't potty trained until almost 4 because everytime they started something happened like her husband came home from Iraq or they moved or were visiting family for a month. But they all get it eventually!!! Don't let them worry you :)
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• My son was 100% potty trained by 2 yrs and 2 months..... but it doesn't go like that for everyone.
    Anonymous

• It took a while for my daughter who is now 2 1/2 to catch on......we seriously started when she was about 20mths or so and it just wasnt working very well, so we decided to give it a complete break for 1 week to take the pressure of her, well to my suprise it worked wonders! When we started back up again she was jsut much more receptive, now she only wears a diaper for her nap and at night, we can even go out now for the day without diapers on....she still doesnt tell us all the time when she needs to go but she does hold it, so we just have to keep asking and putting her on the potty every 1 1/2 or so. Good luck, I know it can be hard.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 1:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My son is 3 yrs 3 mths and he just now got the whole potty thing. The way I did it- I did nothing. I showed him the potty, showed him how to use it, and put him in underwear. I didn't ask him if he had to go, but if he had an accident I would gently remind him "poop and pee go in the potty, honey" Within two weeks, he was having no accidents. Of course, he will have the very rare, couldn't make it to the potty in time accident. It was a messy two weeks, but I think he got as tired of pooping and peeing on himself as I did of cleaning it up. For me, pull ups did NOT work. They're essentially a diaper.
    According to my pediatrician by three, it's not whether they can or not, because 90% of children are physically ready. It's whether they WANT to or not. So, back off. Don't pressure her. Eventually, she'll get it, when SHE wants to.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 12:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2010