would i be the worst mom ever if i asked my 5.5 yr old son to pee sitting down?

my 2 yr old daughter is ready to be potty trained. she refuses to wear a diaper, and she goes to the bathroom everytime she needs to pee or poo. the problem is, she doesn't want to sit like mommy, she wants to stand like her brothers. i've tried to explain the difference between her privates and that of her brothers', but so far no luck. would it be damaging to my older son if i asked him to help out on this one? i know it sounds horrible, but im tired of cleaning the mess off the bathroom floor! idk what else to do!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• D these answerSome os are unrealistic. If he's going to pee in front of her, yeah, what's the big deal? Since when are siblings not allowed to help with potty training? Geez, some feel big and important as a role model. My husband pees sitting down if my girls are around for this same reason, because 2 year olds march in occassionally, no matter what. It is not as big of a deal as people are making it out to be.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Don't let her watch him. I wouldn't screw him up bc she's watching the wrong role model. You let her watch you and leave him alone.
    Anonymous

• First of all the door should not be open where she can see them stand. I don't think you should make him sit.
    Anonymous

• My daughter did the SAME thing (she was 2 and her brother was 5) but its really not the older brothers job to help potty train his sister:( I wouldnt let her watch him go pee but maybe have her watch you so that she can learn to do it right. I have my son (5 1/2) sit when he uses the bathroom at other people's houses but thats just because I dont want him leaving a mess for them to clean up
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 6:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• OP HERE i would never MAKE him. and i know it's not his job. im not asking him to teach her. i just want to ask him to show her that he can sit down and do it, too.
    Anonymous

• I think it's fine to discuss it with him, and see if he's comfortable doing that.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• My son's penis goes to the side and he REFUSES to hold it while he pees, so mean or not, he now HAS to sit down to pee. He isn't allowed to stand up. If he wants to hold it, then fine, but since he won't (and he'll play with it any OTHER time damnit!) he better sit his ass down. I've had to bring fresh clothes to school too many times, as well as clean my bathroom floor and his clothing. So far, he's survived it. :P
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 8:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• It's your job not his. Leave him out of it.
    Anonymous

• Why exactly do boys have to pee standing up? My husband swears it's more comfortable for him to pee sitting down. And he's 32. I think little boys should sit.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with a little boy sitting down. Or an adult man,either. But I am sure this will all be a memory soon. Kids do such silly things and it doesn't last forever. Good luck!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2010