Is there someone out there for me???

This is a purely hypothetical question and just something I've been thinking about.
I am dating two guys, neither is serious. I'm dating because it gives me someone to go to the movies with and talk to. I'm not looking for a serious relationship right now. Now. On to my question. These two guys are both really nice, I've kissed them, one is a great kisser, the other is not. The great kisser doesn't have a job but is nice to my kid. The one who isn't a great kisser has a job and is nice to my kid. Both of them talk to me and share my interests. I enjoy being around both of them. I feel bad for dating two people though I'm not really sure I should. Which one do I choose and how do I choose? And is there somewhere out there a guy who meets all my needs, who makes me feel all weak in the knees but could still provide for my son and I?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• there's absolutely nothing wrong with casual dating *(see there's even a word for it lol). exclusive dating is only for when you find the person you're thinking about getting serious with. the only thing wrong would be if you were leading them on and they thought that the relationship was more serious than it is, but 4 dates in 6 months doesn't sound like that to me lol. gl.... you'll find the right guy one day. in the meantime just keep casually dating for the fun aspect while you're waiting to find mr. right.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I would pick the one with the job. You don't need a man that is jobless & smooches off of people. Yes there is someone out there for everyone.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• UMMM if you are at a point wher eyou are dating around and not getting serious then the guys should not be hanging out with your kid...
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't choose between the two. I'd just date them both like you are doing. Date them until the right guy comes along.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Yes hun, there is someone out there who will fill all your needs, do not settle for second best, you don't have a commitment to either one, men do it all the time date more than one so why can't you?

Answer by older at 7:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• OP here: Neither has met my son. Well one has because we've known each other and he saw my son when he was a baby. But not since we've started dating. I meant that they are nice about me having a son and listen to me when I talk about him.
    Anonymous

• I agree with Anonymous 4:02 if you are not serious then they should not be around your child. Kids are very smart and two things will or can happen 1) the kids has feelings for the Man and develops into a bond that will just end up breaking his/her heart 2) When the child is a little older and figure outs there were two he/she will think your a slut (even if all your doing is kissing) I would keep it away from your kid and also how do you have enough free time as a single parent to date 2 men WOW!
    Anonymous

• OP again. Haha! You're right about the free time thing. I just mostly text them. That's how. I think I've actually been out 3 maybe 4 times in the last 6 months...
    Anonymous

• Op, ignore the anons, there is nothing sluty about dating more than one man, the double standard is still alive I see!

Answer by older at 7:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I do agree they shouldn't be around your kid if it's not serious. My feeling is that if neither one of them really strikes you as being someone you want to get serious with, then maybe neither of them is someone you should get serious with. I dated a few men in the six yrs between my divorce and meeting my boyfriend. None of them got me really excited. I never felt like, "Oh, I can't wait to see him!" It was always just kind of oh, ok, let's go out Friday night. When I met my boyfriend, the chemistry and the connection were instant. I knew pretty much on the first date that I wanted to continue seeing him, and seriously. If you don't feel some kind of draw to either of them, I'd say you don't really want either of them, you're just keeping them around so you don't feel lonely.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2010