What is a good birth control

I was getting IUD but I changed my mind because i dont want anything going up my vagina right now (had a traumatic experience) so what is some other options that you ladies like? Ive never been on birth control before.

kenywoodsmom08

Asked by kenywoodsmom08 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Health

• Well, you killed mine out...lol. I was going to suggest the Paraguard Copper 10 year IUD. I got it at the local health dept. it took about 5 minutes to get it inserted, almost painless and you can't even tell it is there. I have had it a while now and I love it. It is also removed just as easily if you want to have more kids later on. Maybe rethink it.
    Anonymous

• i was on depo for many years i loved it. i was never worried being on it.. every three months i went to the doc to get the depo shot and for the next 3 months i was free lol.. they tell u u can get the shot in the arm or butt cheek i did the butt cheek it would be less tender were the arm i felt like i had dead arm all day. also upside i never got a period. ( its ok ) so i never had to buy tampons or worry when i was outside or at the beach. i didnt gain weight nothing. im off it now only because my dh got sniped.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Yeah, I was gunna say the IUD Mirena too...thats what I have and its amazing. But mines only for 5 years, and you can get it out whenever you wanna get pregnant...other than that I would say depo or something, idk all ive ever used was the pill and the iud and the pills SUCKED for me, got pregnant twice on two different pills.
    Anonymous

• I like diaphragms myself but that may not be a good option for you.

Another good one is NFP - natural family planning. It's MUCH more detailed and effective than the old rythym method. You can learn about it in the book TAKING CHARGE OF YOUR FERTILITY. New copies of the book include software and DVD to help you really understand. It takes committment and willingness to say "no" on certain days of your cycle but it's VERY effective, almost foolproof in fact, if you do it right.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 1:10 AM on Apr. 21, 2010