Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your minor children's needs considered Your own?

Just curious. I have two kids,10 and 5 years old. My dh and I are having trouble making it financially. I have a trust that I can get money from but it was set up for MY needs. Well, since my kids have special needs and I don't work due to this can I get a distribution for the needs of children?


Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (6)
  • Well, I say that if YOUR needs include paying the rent or bills, or you (the kids) need new clothes or food, then yes. Just make sure your request is worded in such a way that it makes it YOUR needs.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

  • is it specified in the trust that it has to go towards anything specific for you or do you just get a money allotment each month or???
    Because if your recieving the money allotment then you can spend it however you'd like.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

  • No. It is stated that the money is for my personal and education needs. I can request the money for my needs.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

  • I thought the state helped with special needs kids needs

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

  • You should ask the attorney in charge of the trust what it can be used for but your children's needs are not your needs.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

  • Anon9:59~They are MY kids NOT the states kids~duh.
    I have talked w/the admin of the trust and she wanted me to define how my kids effect "me". I just thought it was silly since when you have minor children,a family that is depending upon you,thir needs and yours are so intwined. Thx for your input;)

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN