what can i give my 5 month old that has a runny nose. can i give her the "little noses"? if so how much for her age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would do the simply saline and run a vaporizer in her room.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I agree with princess. The little noses nasal spray i'd just do maybe every hour or something. It moistens the nasal passage and the mucus/snot so it can run out of her nose and down the back of her throat easier. "Stuffy" nose is caused by that mucus/snot being too dry. Run a humidifier in her room when she's sleeping...and prop her matress in her bed up to an incline to promote nasal drainage.
    There are no medications you can give your little one...so that's pretty much all you can do :)
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 8:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• We found an electric nasal aspirator is so much more efficient at collecting snot. I also put a pillow under our daughters crib mattress to keep her on an angle. You cant medicate this young.
    Rileysmom425

Answer by Rileysmom425 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Use an aspirator, saline spray and humidifier - make sure not to use anything with decongestant in it...that's what my pedi said when my dd was that age. good luck!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 10:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• You call use baby vicks vapor rub in conjunction to the saline, humidifier, booger sucker :-)
    Lullababy

Answer by Lullababy at 12:11 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I meant you can also not you call, I have baby brain.
    Lullababy

• i used the little noses when my ds was 3 months he had a horrible cold. and i switched back and forth from ibprofen and tylenol and used a vaporizer couple days later he was getting a lot better i put two drops of the little noses in each nostril and then sucked his nose prob. not even 5 secs later to get all the nasty stuff out lol
    suckedintolife

Answer by suckedintolife at 10:03 AM on Apr. 21, 2010