IS there ANYTHING that will help me 'progress'?

I have been at L&D 3 times already and because I am not progressing they will not do anything for me... I have never progressed past 3cm with out the dr breaking my water (it has never broken on its own)... Any one have any advise for me!!!???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• nipple stimulation
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• No. You could try walking or having sex but other than that, just wait for nature to take its course

Answer by admckenzie at 8:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Well first and for most the water will eventually break on it's own so there is NEVER a need (barring a TRUE medical emergency) for a doctor to break your water. It can take a long time for women to progress to a 4. Most women spend the majority of their labors progressing to 4 and then things usually go a lot faster after that.

You can put EPO capsules on your cervix to ripen the cervix.

You can also have sex and let the semen set on the cervix for at least 30 minutes at a time. Also orgasm causes contractions which can help you dialate further.

Walking and squats can also help you progress.

However how far you are dialated tells you absolutely nothing in terms of when you will go into full blown active labor.

AND none of the above things will work unless your body is ready to be in active labor. Many women spend a week or 2 in "pre labor" and that's normal and safe.
    Anonymous

• haha EPO I have been taking this for 2 weeks and nothing, still fully closed so not sure that is gonna help ya.. if you are close and you take a little castor oil that should work, and yeah bash away but will put u in labor, and the doctor will break ur water if need be
    Anonymous

• CASTOR OIL IS DANGEROUS!!!

OMG I swear I am so sick of the selfish mothers on here. You don't care about your baby. All you care about is yourself!

And EPO works a HELL of a lot better if it's placed DIRECTLY on the cervix and NOT taken orally.

AND if it's NOT working than your body is NOT ready which makes Castor Oil an even WORSE idea.

I place 3 EPO capsules on my cervix every 6 hours and I went from closed to a 3.5 in just 24 hours. We were trying to speed things along because of high blood pressure that was putting me at risk for medical induction.
    Anonymous

• You could try bouncing on a yoga ball, this worked for me but I'm pretty sure my body and baby were ready, I was 3cm and almost 100% and babys head was really low.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 10:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2010