what are good ways too

I will be 37 and 38 weeks pregnant when I have family in town, and really wanting to have the baby when my mom and dad are here, can someone give me ideas on how to help this baby come along

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• anything you try wont work until your body and babyare ready, so dont be too disappointed if it doesnt work.
    do lots of walking, sex and all the other stuff that people say, but its no guarantee
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 8:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Oh boy...youre gonna catch hell for asking this question, lol.
    Listen, if you type in the search engine...ways to induce labor...you will come up with some answers there. There are quite a few.I would do some research and find the pros and cons to each idea though. Good Luck and congradulations with baby. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 8:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• OP here yes I know that I will get hell for this but my parents wont be able to be here any other time, and dad is overseas, so yeah, ill be 38 weeks and 4 days the day they leave its not like im 30 weeks or anything and not asking for inducing just asking for things i can do now to help me along..
    Anonymous

• What's worked well for me with both of my pregnancies is having my membranes stipped. You'd have to ask your doc though.
    IrishMommaC

Answer by IrishMommaC at 9:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I don't want to give you hell.

...but I have heard that every "self inducing" method out there only works if you're ready to go anyway, otherwise you just get a painful or miserable false labor.

Good luck.
    Anonymous

• OP here again I dont want to induce, I just want to help it along, I heard EPO which i will buy, but just though maybe if i walked alot of did something it would help up my chances a little
    Anonymous

• sex and walking/swimming but only if your body is ready and the sperm help rippen the cervix, but then again your body will go into labor when it wants to..beleive me, i wanted it too for the same reason, didnt work but i ended up having an emergency c-section.
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 9:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Place EPO capsules on your cervix (3-5 every 6 hours). Continue this until labor begins.

Google Scalini's Eggplant Parmesean. GUARENTEED TO WORK!

Do squats, have LOTS of sex, go walk a couple of miles (just stay hydrated!!).
    Anonymous

• Some women have used this to move things along and in some cases put themself into labor. If you put a rush on it you could get it with in a couple of days.

http://www.backlabornomore.com/

I learned about this in my birthing class. The women who did the class was a doula and said that she had seen several mom's use this affectively to bring themselves into early labor and to shorten their labors.

Anonymous

• Like the PP said nothing will work unless your body is ready but what worked for me is my dr stripped my membranes at 38 weeks, she didn't ask me, she just did it. I was 3 cm dilated and almost 100% effaced. that night I went home and bounce on a yoga ball for a little while and at 3 am that next morning my water broke and I had my baby by noon. GL
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 10:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2010