why does my daughter keep spitting out food (that she likes)?

my daughter is about to be two years old and she has entered a phase where she has begun to often spit out food while eating, even food she likes. if this has happened to anyone else, could you suggest methods to keep her from doing this?

lexi8622

Asked by lexi8622 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my almost 2yr old does it too! I dont know how to stop it though, sorry:(
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 9:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Could it be a control thing ? The terrible 2's are right around the corner...
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 9:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• bc she can. i think it's just a phase
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Is she doing it in a defiant manner, or does she laugh like its a game/joke?
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 12:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Is it just random food or does she spit out the same thing? Me and my kids have food allergies. My kids only spit out foods they are allergic too because it makes our mouths itch. For my DD it was cantaloup and for my DS it was bananas.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:11 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• When my LO does it I assume she is full and stop feeding her for a little while. If she is still hungry she will let me know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Apr. 21, 2010