Do you remember when your kid stopped talking to you?

You know it starts with the surly attitude, the grumpy mornings then all day long. The kids just completely stop talking to you. I mean unless they need a check or a ride to their friends houses. One day you realize that they just completely stopped talking all together to you. Do you remember this date? Or age? I have actually lived through this age twice, but one last kid who spends drives silent with me. Who would rather be eaten by fire ants than talk to me. She is 16! (posted in just for fun too)

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 9:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I went through that three times, happy to say it goes away it is a phase! My grown adult kids, talk to me every single day, we share the day and any problems arising.

Answer by older at 8:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I would say I stopped associating with my parents at about 15, but revived the relationship when I was about 18- probably when they could stop telling me what to do!!
    Anonymous

• It hasn't happened yet for me. My sons are 18, 19, 22 and 23 and they pretty much talk to their dad and I about everything and anything. It's always been that way. My oldest is married but he calls his dad on the weekends & plays online video games with his dad and 1 brother (he lives in another state) and they talk while they play games. He calls me once or twice to talk. My 22yo is not in a position to call much but he writes me 3-4 letters a week (he lives in another state) and I write to him every day. My younger 2 are high school seniors and we talk a lot. Their dad and I go out with each of them one on one once a month each (I go with one, he goes with the other and then 2 weeks later we switch), we eat supper together every single night & we go out as a family 2-3 times a month (we have to work around their work schedule and date nights with their girlfriends). I love my conversations with them. They have a lot to say!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I have 20 yr old twin sons, a 15 yr old daughter, and a 12 yr old son and they haven't stopped talking to me. I seriously doubt that they will either as it just isn't in their personality.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• yes, Im going through this right now. I have to pull teeth here to get them to say anything, Meaning I got to be the one asking questions. other wise I would know nothing about them. But I do get honest answers..
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:06 AM on Apr. 21, 2010