adhd?

I don't know if my son has adhd or something else. My husband has adhd, and ocd. two of my brothers have autism, and so maybe I'm over thinking things but something does not seem right. I plan on talking to the doctor about it. but some of things that worry me is that no matter how much running around time I give, even if he has a nap, there is a certain time of day he just seems to freak out, he'sso hyper and I feel lost as to how to handle him. Also he freaks out with certyain types of clothes, certain pants and he refises to wear sweater, especially in the car seat, he goes hysterical, literally. I was a calm child, so were my sisters, so maybe I'm not use to boys, or maybe something is wrong? what is your opinion?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 9:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• boys are really from a different planet, i can tell you that lol. but only you know your child and if u feel something isnt right then you should get him evaluated. maybe the sweater is itchy? how well disciplined is he? maybe u should try some different ways of handling him to see if it helps.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Sounds like a sensory processing problem.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• thats was what I was wondering if he has a sensory processing problem. ALL sweater bother him because they are too big and then when he's in the car seat the carseat is too tight he says. With pants he can't have them too saggy, or he freaks. As far as discipline goes, I try and be consistant as possible. But there are days where I am exhausted and I know that I'm not handling it well. Also, he is a very seniostive child, and my husband has no temper, so I notice on those days when my son is constantly testing and my husband keeps loosing patince we have the most problems
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Do smells bother him? Or certain textures of food?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• well he does notice smells but never seemed to be bothered by any of them. I haven't noticed if any textures of food bother him at all, he is more picky about foods than when he was younger.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Has he had an evaluation? That's where you should start - a professional could give you a much better idea of what areas he needs help with, if any, and how to deal best with it.

Answer by missanc at 10:12 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• not yet, but we will, just wanted to get soem info or suggeswtions first.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2010