should i call my dr?

im 31 weeks pregnant...ever sience i got up at 8am this morning my baby hasnt stoped moving not even for more than 5 mins and its hard fast movments and i feel a heavyness inmy lower abdomen i feel like he is going to just fall out im so uncofterbul..it is now like almost 9pm the same day and he is still oving strong and dosnt feel like he is going to stop should i be concernd ? should i call the hospital and talk to the dr on call or just go to the er to be safe?

gragg88

Asked by gragg88 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Id just call the doctor on call. Sounds like just a very active baby. Did you eat or drink anything alot of caffiene or sugar? I know my son was very active in my belly literally all the time. Sometimes you could see him kick becaus ehe kicked THAT hard. Id call your dr to give you piece of mind and see what they think but I wouldnt see the need in rushing to the ER.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 9:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• i think you're probably just feeling uncomfortable bc he is moving so much. the last time you went to the dr. did they say he was head down, etc. he might be turning over and getting into the right position while he still has room.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I agree with the PP he's probably just switching position, and lots of movement is good...no movement is when you should be concerned. I've never heard of a baby moving a lot and it being an issue.
    jcarvalho

Answer by jcarvalho at 10:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• be lucky your baby is moving! rather him move than not
    Anonymous

• thank you i called the dr on call and she said that as long as my water hasnt broke or im not having contrations that every thing should be ok to just try to laydown stay off my feet as much as possible for a few days and see how things go he probly droped and is trying to get confy and that to not worry enless something changes to just be glad he is moving...im very glad he is moving my last pregnancy my little girl was under waight and had a eratic heart rate and was under strees and quite moving alot so i was rushto csection again and she was deliverd a month early but now she is fine and healthy.. this maks my third kid u think id be ready for any thing and wouldnt filp out so bad about little things lol but i gusse ur never fully prepaird and u dont always no what to expect thank you for the advice :)
    gragg88

Answer by gragg88 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Anon that was rude.

I am glad everything is ok! You have every right to be concerned and stuff.
    Anonymous