Does this billboard offend you?

Does This Breastfeeding Baby Billboard Offend You? |

www.momlogic.com
The Ohio Department of Health's new billboards to promote breast feeding are creating controversy.

http://www.momlogic.com/2010/04/breast_milk_offends_some_people.php

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• Cleveland billboard promotes breastfeeding.

Anonymous

• Anonymous

• Um...no, why would it?
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 10:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• It doesnt offend me. I like it. And yes I breastfeed. Alot of women dont even think of it as an option before formula or quit early because lack of education. Breastfeeding needs to be advertised more.
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• No, I thought I was going to see a boob.
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 10:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• No, doesn't offend me at all. In fact, I think it's cute. It's about time the propaganda started to lean away from formula & more toward what nature intended. As for the pp who thinks breastfeeding is something to hide, well, you only feel that way because of the uptight Victorian era values about the human body that you've inheritied. Honestly, what is so hard to explain about breastfeeding to a 5 y/o? You say, that momma is feeding her baby because human mommies make milk to feed their babies, too, just like a mommy cow or a mommy goat, etc. As for the "tampon vs. pad" ads, yeah, those are things that should be kept private, just like the new condom commercials, but breastfeeding discreetly in public is not a shameful thing & shouldn't be perceived that way. Now, letting it all hang out for the world to see, yes, that is uncalled for.
    Anonymous

• no its cute
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 10:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Seriously?........why would that be offensive?
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 10:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• call me old fashioned, but yes, i find it somewhat offensive. i also find it offensive to breast feed in public. my kids don't need to see babies sucking boob. and before i get attacked by the "breastfeeding is beautiful" cult, let me clarify. i do believe that breastfeeding is great for mom and baby. but it is a personal, grown up decision. to me it's no different than the "tampon vs. pad" advertisements. children just don't need to be exposed to it. i don't want to talk about breastfeeding with my ever curious 5 year old.

Well i breastfeed EVERYWHERE :) and i dont even see baby sucking on boob. Sorry you can only see a woman's body as sexual and I'm glad your passing that to your children. The Lord gave us breast to nurture our children. I'm not bashing formula moms. A personal "grown up" decision??? My 3 yr old son sees me nurse his sister all the time and doesnt think twice about my chest. He doesnt see anyhting.
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 10:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• No, not at all. You dont see a breast or a women imitating breastfeeding (which more people would probably find offensive but I personally dont--and no I didnt breastfeed)
    AdensMommy1107

Answer by AdensMommy1107 at 10:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2010