How could he say something like that???

My byfriend and i have been together 6 months and he is not the father of my child.I do everything i can for him and his kids and I get nothing in return when it comes to my 1 year old and i asked him why he doesnt do more with her he said because he doesnt want to get attached to her,wtf after all this time he has no feelings towards her!!!Would you be upset because im highly pi**ed right now

alaina_20

Asked by alaina_20 at 10:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• idk, to me 6 months is not a long time at all
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• 6 months isn't that long, but if you are already doing things for his children than you would think he would want to do the same for yours. Looks like you should back off a bit and stop doing so much for him and his children. In my opinion if he doesn't want to get attached than he doesn't plan on sticking around....
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 10:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• It sounds like he has no feelings towards you either...if he does not want to become attached to her, he's probably not planning on staying around .....

Dump him before your child gets attached to him.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 10:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• He is not a keeper. Move on before your little girl notice's how he treats her differently than his own. Protect her!

He is using you for his children.

Anonymous

• IMO 6 months doesn't qualify for the term "all this time"...its half a year. After 6 years, yeah, I'd be pissed, I'd probably be pissed after a year. Not 6 months.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• It's not very long, but if he says that about your daughter, he doesn't seem to have an attachment - or want one - with you either then. Sorry to say that, but it is what it sounds like. I'd think of moving on from him.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Sounds like he's not planning on staying around long and that he's just using you until some one he does want to be attached to comes along with her children. Not bashing, just saying
    Anonymous

• 6 months is too early for you to even think about attachments
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• 6 months, not that long in the big scheme of things. And I personally think it's too soon to get attached to someone else's child at that point. You guys have been boyfriend/girlfriend for 6 moths. What would it do to your child, if he did treat her like his own, and you guys were no longer together come 10moths... What would that do to your daughter? I think in his choice to not form an attachment yet was a choice he made for your daughter's well being just as much as for his own.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 12:08 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Wow id be pissed to in fact befor dh n i got married we had a talk about how we treated each others kids my dd is 5 she notice how he treated her different n it hurt her ur lo is to young to notice now but in a couple years she will notice id talk to him n if thing didnt change id kick his ass to the curb
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 12:51 AM on Apr. 21, 2010