"Pagan" Names??

I'm pregnant... I'm not due til December, but I was thinking about names. We never planned on having more kids, and we used our "good names" on the first two.

My oldest was named after my grandfather and my DH's dad. My youngest was named after my DH. There are no other men worthy of having their names given to my kids. My DH wants to name a girl after his mother, Alice, but we agreed that if this is a girl that will be her middle name because I HATE it! And there are no other women who's names I am willing to keep in the family...

I would like name ideas that are "Pagan" in origin or importance, but that would easily pass for just different, because my DH is not Pagan.

Although my boys are named after family, they both have "pagan" themed names (Alexander & Hunter). But I need more ideas...

Got any? and girl names have to go with Alice as a middle...

I know I'm early, but I like to have this part done...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 10:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Also - My neices name is Mia, my friend's daughter is Morragahn, and I have a friend with a daughter named Avalon too... And my DH is terrified of anyone named Abby as well...

I wanted Morgainah, but he hated it - and it didn't matter because we had a boy. But I know he won't like it this time either...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• My daughter is DIANA after an aunt, a princess, and a Goddess. (Will come back to bight me in the bum later. lol)

Have you considered any Goddess names? Rhianon, Maya...

or names from Nature? like Willow, Faun, Wren, Amethyst...
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• My Aunt's name is Diana... And she's kind of a crazy drunk... Most of us don't talk to her!

I just might be able to get away with Rhiannon though... I am a HUGE Fleetwood Mac Fan! He would never know! lol... I like Willow too, but Willow Alice sounds a bit strange...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Bronwyn/Branwen Bronwyn Alice
    Lilith Alice
    Thora Alice
    Phoebe Alice
    Bridget Alice
    Rhiannon Alice
    Dawn Alice
    Luna Alice
    Flora Alice
    Damara Alice

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• (Just found this...Sabrina, goddess of the River Severn - From the The Brythonic Celts, or Britons/The Gaulish Celts, or Gauls ;o) 

For a boy - A welch diety - Dylan Ail Don - but us just plain "Dylan" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dylan_Ail_Don

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• CORRA (Scottish) A Goddess of prophecy who usually appeared in the form of a crane.
    Kali (India) - Goddess of Destruction
    Leza - Creator who is Compassionate and Merciful (Rhodesia)
    Boy - Seth (african) - God of Chaos
    Rememeber you will only usually see the middle name as an initial!!
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 12:32 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Congrats on the baby, Sabrina! :o)

One of Meg's middle names is Amethyst, but, no, I wouldn't put it with Alice.

I like Rhiannon.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 4:52 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Hmmm, so now that we know what you did not give up for Lent (kidding), this kid could be a vampire. In light of the Twitlight books, Alice really works.

Yeah...my birthparents didn't give that up for Lent, either. Might explain a lot.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 4:56 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I'm not sure if it is a pagan name, but I always liked the name Astrid. Our middle daughter we were going to name Feiry which in the name book was suppose to represent a goddess of eternal flame. Though I'm not sure on that either. I just started looking more into the gods/esses of pagan
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 3:13 PM on Apr. 21, 2010