has anyone had the essure procedure done? what do you think?

Essure
A Breakthrough Technology
The Essure procedure is performed by a trained gynecologist. A soft, flexible micro-insert is placed into each fallopian tube through your body's natural pathways.
The total procedure takes about 35 minutes, with only 15 minutes required to place the micro-inserts into the fallopian tubes. Most women were able to leave the facility 45 minutes after the procedure.
92% of working women resumed work in 24 hours or less after the day of the procedure. In fact, many women resumed normal physical activities the same day they had the procedure.
Essure Works With Your Body
Unlike tubal ligation (having your tubes tied) or vasectomy, the Essure procedure does not require incisions or punctures to the body and there is no cutting, clipping, suturing, or burning of tubes.
During the three months after the procedure, your body and the micro-insert work together to form a tissue barri

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I came across this when I was doing research for a class; I think it is too risky.  Your fallopian tubes are not actually attached to your ovaries; one problem is that the implant can get free and "float" into your abdominal cavity.

http://www.womens-health.com/boards/birth-control/6693-essure-failure-4.html

happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:54 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• That makes me very nervous, that is the only procedure my dr office does. Maybe things have changed that was a couple of years ago. I don't know. I may need to change doctors but I am already 29 weeks pregnant. I don't have much time to decide.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2010