I've been sick for weeks-can you help me feed my toddler quick yet nutritious meals?

These are the typical things I have in my house:

cheese
bread
saltines
graham crackers
bananas
apples
cream of wheat
spaghetti
spaghetti sauce
bagels
peanut butter
butter
frozen peas
canned green beans
canned sliced carrots
Nutrigrain bars

Can you think of any quick and easy meals for my 21 month old? Things that take very little effort, yet are nutritious and filling?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• bp and bananas are a great combo smashed together for sandwiches or on cracker (any of these crackers)
    with the noodles you can make spagetti, but also I make cream of ..... with noodles as well with cheese sometimes on top and you can add some frozen veggies in them as well
    I do PB and apples together too (adds protein to the diet for a nice snack)
    grilled cheese (sometimews I add a sliced tomato if you have one
    you can do bagel pizzas on the toaster oven
    cream of wheat with some fruit in ite (the bananas sweeten them up pretty well
    you can add fruit to the yogurt as well, or even have yogurt with the cream of wheat mixed
    rice and beans are a complete protein and are good together, add some veggies too :)
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• OP

I also have goldfish crackers, canned soups, dry rice and beans, cheerios, yo-baby yogurt and whole milk. I can probably get a rotisserie chicken too.
    Anonymous

• oops pb and bananas smashed lol
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Yogurt is great if you want you can get the gogurts that come in their own package. Boiled eggs are good they only take a few minutes and you can boil up enough for a few days at one time. Fresh fruit is good and things like strawberries, peaches, bananas and other soft fruits are easy to cut up and serve. Frozen steamable veggies in the bag are actually easier than canned veggies and taste better. You just throw it in the microwave frozen and its done in three minutes just pour it straight into a bowl. Homemade french fries are great and easy too. Just slice potatoes and drizzle olive oil and sea salt on them and bake for 30 minutes. You can make up extras and freeze them thats what I do. My son loves brown rice with spagetti sauce on it seriously! Quinoa is easy and good too. Cinnamon toast is an easy breakfast!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Make a single ingredient that you can use in several meals for the next few days. It will make your life so much easier. If you have spaghetti sauce then make reg noodles and bowtie or wagon wheel noodles at the same time and store in the fridge without adding sauce. Then you can make her pasta salad, spaghetti, mac and cheese, butter noodles (list goes on) out of the noodles all week. Also the sauce can make pita pizza just pull open a pita pocket so you have to sides, add sauce, sprinkle on cheese and veggies and meat and put in the toaster oven for a few minutes. Homemade chicken nuggets take about five mins too just take ground chicken meat, roll in a ball and flatten and roll in flour. Throw into a pan with a bit of olive oil and viola chicken nuggets without being junk food. Just make several meals at a time and freeze back then all you need to do is reheat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• French toast - beat an egg with a tblsp milk, dip a slice of bread in and let it soak a minute, fry in a pan with a spray of olive oil - yummy . Try making a lunch box first thing, with some cut fruit, and a yogurt to dip them in, a pb sandwich, graham crackers.. saltines a a few cubes of cheese. Then whenever the LO is hungry they can choose out of the box. It is once preparation for the day. You may find it easier to feed her main meal at lunch time as by evening your and her energy will be dragging. Make easy little muffins with fruit or savoury stuff ( ham, corn and cheese is yum) - she can eat that for tea- it is basically a little quiche with extra flour., and you can freeze them for other nights- at the end of the day a bowl of cheerios with milk is just fine - she won't remember 20 yrs from now what she ate, and you will get through another day. Good Luck
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 3:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2010