Getting rid of the baba....

when is the "right" time to start bottle-weaning? shes almost a year old, she does not need the baba to go to sleep..not saying im going to start doing it tomorrow, but i want to know ahead of time..thanks!

MrsBrown209

Asked by MrsBrown209 at 11:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• our baby was in sippy cups at 8 months.......
    Anonymous

• she has cups and she uses them but i dont know when to get rid of the morning and night time bottle
    MrsBrown209

Answer by MrsBrown209 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• My son started using a sippy cup at 6 months. I just took the bottle away. If he wanted to eat thats what he needed to eat of.
    LucyT20

Answer by LucyT20 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• If she already uses the sippy cups, then NOW is the time. It'll be less confusing this way.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 12:52 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I took the bottle away the day after my son turned 1. He had absolutely no problems with it, as we had been giving him sippy's since he was 6months old. I also took the pacifier away at the same time. He found one that I had missed, and I told him that those were for babies, and we threw it away. No tears at all.
    mrs3stan

Answer by mrs3stan at 9:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I'd say if she doesn't need it to go to sleep...do it now.
    My 2 1/2 yr old actually weaned himself . My DH had 2 major back surgeries within 10 tens and was in the hospital...so I was right by his side. Our son stayed at my moms. When I kept calling to check up on things...she told me...he didn't want the bottle...and she wasn't going to force him..so that was it. He was done with it. He had just turned a year old.
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 10:52 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• With my son, we took him off at 11 months. We didn;t need to wean. He took the sippy just fine.
    Army_Wife41

Answer by Army_Wife41 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2010