Getting rid of the baba....

when is the "right" time to start bottle-weaning? shes almost a year old, she does not need the baba to go to sleep..not saying im going to start doing it tomorrow, but i want to know ahead of time..thanks!

Asked by MrsBrown209 at 11:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• our baby was in sippy cups at 8 months.......

• she has cups and she uses them but i dont know when to get rid of the morning and night time bottle

Answer by MrsBrown209 at 11:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• My son started using a sippy cup at 6 months. I just took the bottle away. If he wanted to eat thats what he needed to eat of.

Answer by LucyT20 at 12:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• If she already uses the sippy cups, then NOW is the time. It'll be less confusing this way.

Answer by brookebella at 12:52 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I took the bottle away the day after my son turned 1. He had absolutely no problems with it, as we had been giving him sippy's since he was 6months old. I also took the pacifier away at the same time. He found one that I had missed, and I told him that those were for babies, and we threw it away. No tears at all.

Answer by mrs3stan at 9:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I'd say if she doesn't need it to go to it now.
    My 2 1/2 yr old actually weaned himself . My DH had 2 major back surgeries within 10 tens and was in the I was right by his side. Our son stayed at my moms. When I kept calling to check up on things...she told me...he didn't want the bottle...and she wasn't going to force that was it. He was done with it. He had just turned a year old.

Answer by jjessers at 10:52 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• With my son, we took him off at 11 months. We didn;t need to wean. He took the sippy just fine.

Answer by Army_Wife41 at 8:11 PM on Apr. 21, 2010