OMG ... Can i go to jail, can i lose my baby ?

Close to a year ago I went out with friends ( to a bar) and met a guy ( who honestly looked like he was in his late 20s) ...over the next few months we went out on the weekends together, and then I ended up pregnant ( the condom broke). He basically went missing, couldnt find him, couldnt get ahold of him, nothing. I accepted it, I have a great job, a house, etc and I am excited about having my beautiful baby girl ( in 3 weeks) ... Anyways, a few weeks ago I found out he just turned 17 ! I cannot believe it and now I am so afraid that I can get in trouble legally... I had no idea at all, I mean for one, I met him in a BAR, he had a full beard, and what he said was his "apt." was his older cousins. I know I acted dumb, but I really just need some advice !!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2010 in Just for Fun

• how old did he say he was?shrugging

BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 11:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• I would keep quiet if it were me. it will be okay. what age are you?
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2010

• 17 is legal age of consent. But if I were you I would stop sleeping with random guys you meet in bars.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• ***OP HERE ****

sorry forgot to say that -- I am 23, he told me he was 24
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Anon: 12:00

thanks but I didnt ask advice on who i should sleep with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• What state do you live in? There's a good chance that that's not even illegal.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• ohio
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• also he would have been 16 at the time we slept together....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• just don't pursue child support. leave it alone. don't talk to anyone about the father of your child. leave his name off the birth certificate. maybe you should call a lawyer. OMG i feel terrible for you and your daughter! good luck. im so sorry you have to deal with this!

bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 12:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• YES U CAN GO TO JAIL ! MY FRIEND WENT TO PRISON FOR 17 YEARS FOR HAVEING SEX WITH A GIRL , THE GIRL LIED AND TOLD HIM SHE WAS 18 AND SHE WENT HOME THAT DAY AND LIED TO HER MOM,DAD AND HE WENT TO PRISON AND THEY DIDNT DO A DAM THANG TO HER , HES FINLY OUT KNOW ! ! YOU BETTER GET YOU A LAWYER FAST ! KNOW MY FRIEND HAS TO BE ON RECORD AS A SEX AF- ! ! GOOD LUCK AND IF I WAS YOU I STAY WITH MY SEX TOYS IF I WAS YOU! !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Apr. 21, 2010