Anyone familiar with TRICARE?

Okay, so I'm 2 wks away from my due date, thanks to still being on military insurance, I never have the same provider, no one knows my file, ppl are first telling me my baby is to big & I'll be enduced, then I get told I'm average & they won't enduce me till i'm 3-4 wks over etc. It's pretty annoying. Point is I'm 2 wks away, I've not even been told if my baby has dropped, or if I'm dailated or anything. Just the same crap "measure my stomach" , that's it. They also told me they'd see me the last 6 wks EVERY wk & my next appt isn't until the DAY BEFORE my due date! I'm ready to just freaking go to an ER off the army post anyways 'cause this is ridiculous! When I told them my husband is gone till they let him off 2 days prior & I live alone & dnt have family in this state so I what happens if I need to get an ambulance & if tricare would cover the birth if I went the ER they said "No you need to find a way on post" ..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's just frustrating. Also this is stupid, but it's my first baby, can I visibily tell if I'm dialating? There's a lot of pressure on my pelvis and it feels he's dropping, and this sounds gross but I look (down there) like it's stretching a bit, but I don't know and this whole thing scares me! I honestly haven't seen the same Dr/midwife during the entire 8 months since finding i'm pregnant, the last two appt have been scheduled ONCE a month & I was rushed in and practically pushed out the door, I don't even see the point in going to the last few checkups 'cause it was pointless....;(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Is there a near by hospital you cna register with. I have tricare and I am going to the doctors at the hospital that except tricare, and its just like before i was on Tricare. They should treat you much better, your husband is serving their country for crying out loud anyway, find out in your area NOW if there are any doctors that tricare, call them and explain your situation
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 12:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• u have to stand up for yourself and make sure your questions are being answered. if its really that bad just go straight to labor and delivery b/c the ER will not see u once you are past 20 weeks. like i said go to L&D they should check u out and let u knw whats going on. if u have dilated 4 cms they will admit u.
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 12:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• From what I understand, if it's an EMERGENCY, it's an EMERGENCY. You go to the closest hospital possible. My son required 4 stitches in his head and I called Tricare and the said go to the nearest hospital & that I didn't have to drive all the way back to post.. Good luck! Tricare can be tricky but there are loopholes for everything in the military!
    rileygirl

Answer by rileygirl at 3:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Do you live on post? Unfortunately if you don't live 25 miles or further away, Tri care wants you to use base facilities for medical care. What you CAN do is reschedule your appointment. Tell the scheduling person how far along you are, and that waiting until 2 days before your EDD is unacceptable, and poor practice. If they won't reschedule you, file a complaint with the appropriate person. Call tri-care and find out your options. Tell them your experiences. Someone will listen. I'm so sorry you're having such a rough time.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 9:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2010