Fema Camps Real?

I know this is an old subject.... but this raises eyebrows.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-645

BEXi

Asked by BEXi at 12:30 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Here's the TEXT of the bill.... Even more freakier.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-645
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Just out of curiosity - what about the TEXT of the bill do you find so freaky?

I skimmed through it, but didn't find anything shocking or scary.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Maybe if you thought a little further into what is in front of you and not just skimmed it, you'd realize for yourself. Loops holes, and those loop holes lead to obvious reasons to control. Why would they need command control centers? So, what is this? A prison?
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:47 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Maybe if you thought a little further into what is in front of you and not just skimmed it, you'd realize for yourself

Maybe if you took a break from the FEMA conspiracy theory, you wouldn't feel the need to be so catty when I ask you a simple question.

Sorry, I don't find the text of the bill "more freakier" than the summary. Until someone can come up with some solid evidence (and not youtube videos and pictures of fema camps with some woman giving her two cents on every sight) that they are in fact something sinister, I'm not going to allow myself to go into hysterics.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:01 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• If nothing is done with this bill before the next Congress convenes, it is done and over with. Like it never existed. Now, if it suddenly comes out of committee sometime this summer, find a spot to hunker down in with some supplies!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:17 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Only thing I am hmmm about is the fact they do not define Emergency..... THAT is a big thing. I mean say this is for a good use in general no conspiracies! If you do not define "Emergency" in the bill then who does? And would a earthquake not count yet a flood does? See what I mean and then of course with the conspiracy could be if they do not define "Emergency" in the bill can a widely spread protest of an administration be considered an "Emergency"? OP, I see what you are saying... but I am not a big conspiracy believer so I don't think it would be used against us but I am very well AWARE of the language which can be construed to be used in an ill manner. I guess I like to think that this country doesn't have that kind of evil in power.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:46 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I'm sure the Germans didn't blink an eye that concentration camps were going up in their backyards either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:09 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Yes, Chrissy1213, that's my concern, too. What constitutes an emergency? It's good to have safe place to go either before or after a natural disaster, especially if it's an option to go there. But after what happened in Germany, I hope that we are very wary of allowing the government to decide to resettle us for "our own good" when they won't specify what it is or let us decide whether it's for our own good or not.

I, too, want to believe that we don't have that kind of evil in power, but after doing everything I could to voice my concerns about health care, and then have to sit back helplessly and watch as it was crammed through with complete disregard to the will of the majority of the people that Congress represents, I am deeply concerned about what is happening with this Congress and this administration. There are no checks and balances. I don't know if that's evil, but it is dangerous.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:25 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• (4) to meet other appropriate needs, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

This is what gives me reason for pause. The moonbat we have now declaring tea partiers and returning vets potential terrorists. What a great way to silence opposition.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Not to mention the msm loons who back her up daily.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 7:46 AM on Apr. 21, 2010