Have you ever seen the movie Paranormal Activity or the Exorcist?

How do you feel about those subjects? Demons?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I can watch any horror flick without repercussions... except ones involving demons. I know they exist and it scares me silly! I know they can't harm me, being a Christian, but I do believe people CAN be possessed. And that is a scary things... something evil taking over your mind and body...
    Whereas zombies and ghosts and the boogie man and goblins etc I believe to be totally make-believe. But my imagine runs wild and I am not scared of those things being real so much as I am tht my imagine will trick me.. at night in the dark lol... and make me
    'see' spooky things in the shadows, etc.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 1:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• omg,,,Im sure Im alone here,,,I have never seen the exorcist or Jaws or anything scary,,,everybody thinks Im a baby,,,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Saw Exorcist...and my sister had nightmares from it...in college!
    I believe in evil...and it can have great presence in the world. That has to be...because there is great GOOD in the world and Angels everywhere too!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Exorcist was a little spooky. Paranormal Activity was a little creepy but not near as scary/frightening as people made it sound like it was.

Neither freaked me out cuz of the demons or whatnot...its make believe and I take those things as such.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:19 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i am a christian, and i believe there is demons out there.I do sometimes get scared but i have to remind myself they CANT get to me.
    like they say"just like theres good there is bad"
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:49 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• No and No
    Why would I want to expose myself to the demonic world.. what goes through the eye gate can affect you spiritually.
    Yes demons are real and they are not horned guys with a pitch fork either.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:54 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I saw the Exorcist and similar movies. I didn't see Paranormal Activity. I have dealt with many paranormal situations including a low-level demon. That was pretty scary. Ghosts, demons, angels, etc are very real. Also the whole notion that a demon can't "get you" because you're a Christian is a nice fairy tale to help you sleep at night. I've been involved with devout Christians with these issues. Demons cross many religious paths and attach themselves to places and people regardless of religion or lack of one. There's been evidence of demon activity inside a Christian church. I think the church was abandoned but still.

I grew up in the Christian church and the classic line of "Get thee behind me, Satan" for demon encounters... yeah it doesn't work. Just future reference. I tested it just to see... top 10 things you don't want to encounter: Being mocked by a demon. Although, I think teenage girls are still worse.

kassknits

Answer by kassknits at 3:00 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I saw the part of The Exorcist on TV when I was about seven. I don't think I slept well for at least the next five years.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I do beleive in evil but demons not so much, I think they manifest themselves when the person gives them power meaning beleiving in them if not you will never encounter one.

Answer by older at 8:18 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• The Exorcist is one of my favorite movies, and yeah, I think it is probably THE SCARIEST movies I've ever seen. The BOOK was even more scary. I did not see paranormal activity.. although I wanted to.

FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 8:34 AM on Apr. 21, 2010