I want to do something for my DH but, i need help...can you help me?

My DH has a website that he owns where him and his guy friends review movies...most of the reviews would offend a lot of people but he absolutely loves it...He has created a facebook page for it but he doesn't have that many "fans" I have suggested it to all of my friends but, I am really not sure how to help him...this is something he loves doing and he is an amazing guy and a REALLY amazing dad and i just want to give him an ego boost and make it look like there are people out there that enjoy reading what he writes...so how can i promote his website and the facebook page for his website without people complaining about it? (i have tried to post something on CM before and people bitched me out telling me this wasn't the right place to do it) But i am not trying to PROMOTE it here i am asking all you smart ladies to help me figure out HOW and WHERE to promote it BTW I need ideas that are FREE

momofone072506

Asked by momofone072506 at 3:48 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe make a business card (It's cheap and easy online, like $10 for every hundred..) with a catchy/funny phrase that sparks peoples curiosity, even a kind of rude phrase maybe? So that only people that wouldn't be offended would go to the site.. and maybe people will just be so curious by this weird card that they found that they'll go there and read it and become a fan? You could stick the card on windshields at the mall and on bulletin boards.. Just an idea.. lol.
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 3:52 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• see i am a little worried about doing that because i DON'T want anyone to get offended by it or by a card that i left...

momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 4:00 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• You can advertise by getting those stickers that go on the back window of your vehicle, just get one with the web address or what not, I see a lot of websites advertised that way.

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• But if they are offended (and I'm not saying put something horrendous on there, just mild bathroom humor..) then they wont be interested or curious enough to go to the website, they would just throw the card away.
    Malibustacy

Answer by Malibustacy at 4:07 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Someone somewhere is ALWAYS going to be offended by something. No matter how mild, innocent, and unoffensive something is, there is someone somewhere that will find it offensive. You can't worry about that. I agree with the idea of the business card, or the window decal. Those are both great ways to get the word out.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I think Malibustacy is trying to say that you could use the rude phrase to sort of hit his target audience. If you put up an ad for a movie review site and grandma goes to a site that has rude or unpleasant language then you are going to end up doing more harm than good. If you put some sort of joke as an indication of the type of humor involved then people who are tickled by profanity or whatever the humor style is would be the ones clicking the link (and maybe telling their friends if they like it!).

I'd create some sort of flier or card and leave them in arcades, at shows for bands in local clubs, and in some edgy bars. I think that's were you'll find his demographic to get started.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:16 AM on Apr. 21, 2010