why do we go buy..?

coffee for $2 at the store when we can make it at home? I have been doing this for years!!!
so, lastnight I broke out the good ol' machine and bought some coffee and creamer and now I am brewing my own (it is morning now). So haha store you'r no longer getting my $2 a day!!
why do we do this, when we can save money??

r00j04j08

Asked by r00j04j08 at 7:28 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Here in Korea it is because the coffee that is available for the most part in the stores is this really crappy instant stuff. Yeah, it has cream and sugar added to it but it's instant and it's not as good as the REAL deal which you CAN get at the coffee places. In the US, no, never had a reason to go and buy coffee (though I am quite partial to cold coffee drinks) but here, yeah, buying REAL coffee on occasion has been nice though it can be REALLY expensive here (but then, so is everything else).

So that's my reason for sometimes buying coffee when I'm out instead of making it at home. lol
    Simply_Janeen

Answer by Simply_Janeen at 12:01 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• IDK.... I've been in the habit of brewing my own for the past few years.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• well that is a habit I have to start for good!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 7:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• IDK, I make my own cappachino at home in the morning... saves me an extra $5,00 at the end of the week... not alot, but it's an extra movie to rent, or money toward a night out, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:41 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• wow that is cheap! My dh gets mad at me because I buy coffe on the way to drop off the kids in the morning and on the way home ($4.00 a cup). He says that I should just brew coffee when I get home. But I love my coffee! And anyway, its not like he doesn't go out for lunch every day while he is at work! I told him that if I have to make my own coffee, he should pack his own lunch! My coffee is my only treat and its not THAT much money!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I've been buying and brewing the "good stuff" (Dunkin Donuts and Starbucks) in bulk, for YEARS at home and using non-dairy creamer in a variety of flavors....ever since I realized that I was spending roughly $40/month on coffee!!! Now it costs me about 8 cents per day! :o)

Of course, once in a while I will treat myself...but that's usually when I'm out with friends.

Oh, and I have always "brown bagged" my lunches, except of course, when going out to lunch! :o) I never really thought of brown bagging it as being thrifty, I'm just always on a diet/watching what I eat! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:03 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I have never gotten in the habit of buying coffees and such out at stores. If I want some, I just brew it here at home...we love Dunkin Donuts, Community Coffee, and I have a brand of Hazelnut Decaf that I LOVE!!! BUT....my hubby refuses to take a thermos of "home-brew" every morning. I even went and spend $16 on a big bag of the kind he buys EVERY DAY and started brewing it FOR him, and he still spends $2.62 at least once a day.....don't tell me that he doesn't like talking to the cute 19 year old at the Dunkin Donuts window.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 8:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I only get coffee at stealyourbucks a few times a year, but that is only because I get gift cards from people. I refuse to pay $4 for a cup of coffee. But I must admit at christmas time I love their peppermint mocha.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I brew my own coffee every morning, the only time I have coffee out is if I am eating breakfast in a restaurant, or every once in a while I will I treat myself to Starbucks (grande white chocolate mocha with 4 shots- yum!!!!). I don't go to Starbucks very often as they are pricey, and they are across town.

BlooBird-- I like the peppermint mocha too- they are yummy. I asked someone at Starbucks about it and they do make them year-round you just have to ask for it. They only 'advertise' the flavor during the holidays. I still only order it at the holidays though, just does not seem the same to have a peppermint mocha in the summertime- lol.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:51 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• we live in a very spoiled society.
    morethanme_you

Answer by morethanme_you at 8:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2010