what are some things to help my 31/2 year old stay dry at night?

My 3 1/2 year old is basically potty trained.. has been since 2 1/2 or so, but I can not keep her dry through the night yet. I limit liquids at night. I haven't tried getting her up to go yet..Does that help?

Roisin07

Asked by Roisin07 at 7:55 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• no caffiene at all, all day. no water, juice, or milk at least two hours before bed, and ask them to pee before bed.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Yeah... I do all those things and she's 3 1/2 and has been fully day potty trained since 3 days after she turned 2! The last trimester and the first couple months of my son's life I put her in pull ups because honestly I didn't want to clean sheats 5/7 days of the week, or get up in the middle of the night. She's back to big girl undies and wets the bed half the time.

Now what we do is she puts her pee clothes in a bucket in her closet, changes into clean undies and pj's, pulls out this sleeping mat w/ pillow attachment from underneath my bed and goes to sleep on the floor. When we all get up for the day I go and strip her bed.

You do what you can but sometimes it takes awhile for them to stop peeing in the middle of the night, until then we learn to live with it.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 8:41 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• nothing to drink at least 45 to an hour b4 bed I do that with my son
    mother_crow82

Answer by mother_crow82 at 9:34 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My 9 year old son has a bedwetting prob also. We had to cut out all the caffien and sugar. He is not allowed to drink after 6pm and we have to wake him up bout 11p-12am to go to the bahroom. We are opting for no more meds as he is already on a high dose for ADHD.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• My DD is the same way she is also 3 1/2 I just figure she is not ready yet. SOme kids are 5 untill they can go all night some even older.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 11:23 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Bed wetting has nothing to do with the bladder and fluids it has to do with the childs sleep heres a site I used to get my daughter dry in 3 months other wise she would have probably follwed in my footsteps and wet until she was 13.

http://www.stopwetting.com/

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 1:16 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Time...

Answer by rkoloms at 4:36 PM on Apr. 21, 2010