helpful advice please

I don't know where to go or who to turn to anymore. Due to the army dh is in germany and my daughters and I don't move for another 2 weeks! But since he has been gone everything has gone down hill. My fully potty trained 3 year now has accidents every day. She listens to nothing I say is constantly throwing temper tantrums if and when she doesn't get her way. And her 1 year old sister is also starting to copy everything she does. I have no patience at all anymore because we as a family are going throw so much and I'm so stressed out. My mother also lives with me and she drives me up the wall but has to stay with me because she has no where to go! I'm just at a loss for words and I don't know what to do or how to turn things around...please help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• First, take a deep breath. Second, know you are NOT alone! PCS'ing is very stressful, as is having a parent live with you, as is having toddlers - put them all together, and of course you're stressed out! (I've PCS'ed with and w/o my dh there to help, and my kids are close in age, also, so I know how that feels - though we don't have a parent living with us.)

You CAN do this! I KNOW it's hard, and I KNOW it's stressful, but just take it one day at a time. It's normal for kids to regress during a move, it will get better once you get there. Make plans with your dh that when you get there - either right away or within the first day or so after the jet lag wears off, you get a day where he takes the kids and you can soak in a bath, read a book, get a massage, something (look into the MWR stuff and see what they have that you can do like that)

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:15 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• If there's a chance, take a couple of hours one day over the next couple of weeks and give yourself a break. I know it's easy to get caught up in all the things you have to do to get ready to move, but make the time to have some "you" time. It will make things a lot easier, because your stress will go down, and once yours goes down, that will help the kids, too, because they're going to pick up on your stress, and that's just going to make them more stressed, which is just going to make you more stressed, and so on...

(trust me on this, we moved from WA to Japan last summer - my dh was at "C" school for 3 months prior, and my kids are teens, and I know how stressful that was, plus we've done some other transglobal moves when they were little as well)

If you need to talk, just send me a message.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:18 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Yeah my husband just got back from a year long deployment 4 months ago. Thanks so much for the advice I'm going to try it today and see how it goes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Apr. 21, 2010