Pregnancy headaches

I've had headaches this entire pregnancy but lately they have been getting worse. (I'm 21 weeks) I know it's safe to talk tylenol, but I don't really feel that I should take it. The doctor told me that there really isn't anything you can do for a pregnancy headache besides medication, and he doesn't think they are that bad to try any meds out. Is there anything I can do besides a cold compress on my head? Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I get them/got them... My doc gave a a caffiene pill... Try drinking a can of diet Mountain Dew... Thats what my OB told me to try before I was given the pills.... Its a hormon thing, and caffiene helps... Mountain dew has the highest amount! It really does work! And is quick relife (you can even grab one while your out if you get a head ache)

Good Luck!
    ashley_hatty

Answer by ashley_hatty at 8:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• the above post is right in most headache medicines (excedrin) they will have caffeine in it, so drink a little, and if it doesnt get better then i suggest u take the tylenol, i can understand u being a little skeptical but one tylenol really isnt going to hurt the baby i used to take it almost daily bc i have very bad headaches (even through pregnancy) and it was ok.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 8:39 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I had terrible headaches with my first pregnancy, I went to the Chiropractor and they went away immediately.
    Julians_Momma

Answer by Julians_Momma at 10:25 AM on Apr. 21, 2010