What do you do to honor the Divine Feminine in your life?

Do you have an altar in your home to the Goddess? Read books, meditate on Her? I am trying to incorporate Her more into my everyday life and am wondering what other Old Time Religion : ) followers do to bring Her into the forefront of their lives.

FemRising

Asked by FemRising at 8:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I embrace being a women every day. The divine feminine lives in me & in every woman.

I am hindu, we believe in the divine mother as an aspect of god. So, during meditation i will sometimes try to meditate with the divine mother as my guide & embrace her nurturing love & compassion.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:46 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I do not have a permanent alter in my home because my DH is afraid of the idea... But I do meditate daily and do a small daily devotional as well. In addition I do other small things through the day - prayer & chants while cooking or cleaning, dancing w/my kids to Pagan songs, small offerings and other little things...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• No... I worship the one True God.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Actually, nothing...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I haven't change my body yet. That is the best I can do right now.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:57 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• that really wasnt called for ruttermama once you read that this was about the Goddess you really shouldnt have commented at all....

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 1:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i do the same things as Sabrina. i dont have a permanent alter in my home yet but i am really wanting to work on making one. sometimes i try to meditate when my sons alseep and when hes awake and elmos world isnt on i play pagan music for both of us to listen to sometimes he dances to it and sometimes he just sits in my lap listening to it. i do a small daliy affirmation, make small offerings sometimes, i like to sit and read the song of the Goddess and the charge of the Goddess. there also a couple (lol ok more than a couple) of special days i celebrate that are about the Goddess.

the days i celebrate are January 1: Hags Day, January 6: Triple Goddess day, January 8: Midwife's Day, March 9: Mother Goddess Day, March 25: Lady Day, May 21: Bright/Dark Mother Goddess Day, June 5: Earth Mother Day, July 1: Crone Day, August 21: Festival of Hecate, November 16: Night of Hecate, and November 27 Uma Day.
    flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 1:34 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I have an alter in my home. I honor Bast daily. I also have beenhonoring Thoth. I think it is wise to honor the feminine and masculine. It does take two. That's my personal thought.

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Thank you everyone for your ideas! I also ordered a book today called Goddess Comapnion: Daily Meditations on the Goddess.

I plan to do meditations daily along with my incense that I burn. I use the top of the bookcase in my living room as a little altar. It is not obvious to those that are not Pagans though. I have a plant, a couple of sea shells, a candle, a geode, and a couple of other things. In my bedroom I have a small hand-carved statue of a mother holding a child (abstract) that stand for the Goddess to me.
    I agree that honoring the masculine spirit is also important, but I already have a strong connection with the male God, I am trying to focus on the feminine Divine because I have basically been without Her my whole life.
    FemRising

Answer by FemRising at 4:02 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I consider myself to BE the embodiment of the divine feminine. Oh, don't act like that shocks you!! I mean really! My inner goddess has helped me to respect myself and appreciate everything I am capable of. She reminds me every day that I am a spark from the divine white light and I am significant.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:15 PM on Apr. 21, 2010