so what will HR do, or will they ask me what i want done?

i know i yapped alot about this yesterday but i'm waiting for them to call me back and i'm very nervous about talking to them. Will everything i tell them be confidential? I don't want my boss knowing that i'm talking about her to them. Will they even do anything? Basically its my boss holding me over my schedule which isnt really the "deal" the deal is when i ask her to leave she is very snippy and talks down to me or at me instead of asking me to stay. I feel like she is talking at me like she would her 16 yr old daughter. Will they do anything about that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• Not if that's her personality. They may tell her to take a sensitivity class but that's about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Maybe i missed a previous question...What is holding you over your schedule? Not all bosses are good communicators.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i'm a server and i know i can't always leave when i'm scheduled to get off because i have tables and whatnot but they never have anyone scheduled to come in and take my place so sometimes it pisses me off when i have stuff i got to do. it doesnt always bother me if i don't have anything planned but my boss knows that on the days she has me scheduled to get off at 2 that i need to leave by 2:30 so that i can pick my son up from school on time and not be charged a 15 dollar aftercare fee. (it adds up) Also she knows on tuesdays that i have to take him to get allergy shots and i must be there before 4. I am scheduled to get off at 2 on tuesdays too. Any other days i don't mind staying later but mon and tues when i am scheduled to get off at 2 i want to leave by 2:30 and they never have anyone or they just act like they want to hold me hostage for some reason and i'm so sick of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I would just go in with a positive attitude like you are trying to work with them. state that you are more than willing to stay late on the other days and you want to be sure this isnt hurting your employment when you leave at your scheduled time on monday and tuesday. I would tell them you think your boss resents it and you want to see if you guys can work on a solution that is good for you and the company. Just tell them it is kinda stressing you since you really want to do a good job but this has become an issue. You know what i mean? try not to just complain about your boss but be happy and open to ideas to change the situation.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I'm just so fed up with everything becuase when i try talking to her she talks down to me. I can't talk to her. Sometimes i'm afraid to even go to her about something because i'm afraid she will snap on me. Thanks for listening though. I do think i should go in with a positive attitude and not just complain.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I think it is ok to tell them that. If your boss in unapproachable then that is a problem. I'm not sure what they will do about it besides have a talk with her and put a note in her file about the complaint. after a few complaints they may get rid of her instead of continuing to lose good help. What you say should be confidential but she may be able to guess who complained. good luck! I hate being in situations like that but you sound like you are doing the right thing.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:10 AM on Apr. 21, 2010