Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you get a restaining ordre for a family memeber?

My inlaws are always calling and leaving messages and threating me and my husband and always driving by my house yelling out there window and saying things they even stop and try calling the kids over I am afraid that they will take one of my kids and take off with one of them.When they come driving by the house if I am out side with the kids they will stop and call the kids over and I'll they the kids not to go over there or my 3 year old will run over and I'll grab her arm and say dont go over there an they her to go play.They get made and say thing like I'll kill you you mother f**ker and alot of other things. Now this is my mother inlaw and 2 sister inlaws.Is there anything I can do? Thanks for the help


Asked by Mamato2angels at 8:42 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Relationships

Level 7 (169 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • Well, you could start by filing harassment charges with your local police dept. Then, after several such complaints, when the police see it as a pattern, then you could file for a restraining order.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

  • Yes

    Answer by admckenzie at 8:44 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

  • call the police but you have to have proof of the threats. Good Luck I hope it all works out!

    Answer by MomofTwins07 at 10:18 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

  • In Washington state you can get a restraining order for free when it comes to family members. I suggest you look into it for your state. They would go to jail and be in a heap of trouble after the restraining order!

    Answer by shamillionaire at 11:28 AM on Apr. 21, 2010