Who do you invite??

I am thinking about having a dinner for my mom and her husband. I have had parties in the past where my mom has insulted my food, choices..ect. I decided 3 years ago that I would never again do this to myself. My mom has tried to be nicer, so I am considering going back in the bull pin...

I feel a little obligated to invite my brother... He is the main reason that I am starting to think again about doing it at all. He is rude, says the N word around my kids, tells my me that I need to spank my kids and just really a drag to be around. I have never met anyone more offensive... His daughter is rude and hateful... My mom will whine if they doesn't come.
Would you feel obligated to invite unwanted family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Entertainment

• I wouldn't invite any of them either. You have to come to a time in your life where just because they are family, does NOT mean you have to be subjected to this type of behavior. I had to cut my mom off because of her insane ways, insulting us, etc. I dont' need that, that is not love. I get love from the people who truly care about me to not willingly hurt my feelings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Apr. 22, 2010

• No, I'd make it a cozy dinner with just your family and your mom and her husband, and describe the dinner like this to her when you invite her. If she mentions your brother, just say that you want it to just be your family and her and her husband.

Answer by Bmat at 8:58 AM on Apr. 21, 2010