anyone giving baby Poly VItamin Drops w/Flouride yet?

kyliegirl28

Asked by kyliegirl28 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is 3 now but i gave it to him when he was a baby. it seemed to make him gassy and fussy but he was a super gassy baby anyway....i tell his daddy that he gets it from him lol ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Yeppers. DD finshed her bottle a bout a week ago. I told my doc I'm not refilling it. DD was gassy and fussy and not a happy baby everytime I gave her that drop. We finshed the bottle because her ped said her body would adjust. The only thing that adjusted was the levels of gas she created LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I never gave my baby any vitamins until he could chew them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Nope... not needed. Formula has all that crap in it already and breastfed babies don't need it.

The one exception is dark skinned babies, or babies in very northern regions. If you fall into one of those categories you may think about vitamin d supplements only. You can get "just d" drops.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 12:10 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i havent given it to her because i heard of contradicting stories about flouride being bad (toxic)...but the dr.& pharmacy said it was such a minimal amount..to me,,thats not good enough. she eats good and still has formula so why does she need extra vitamins and flouride??

I'm going for my 9 mo check up next week and will tell dr. i havent given it to her... any suggestions? does a baby need extra vitamins if they are eating well?
    kyliegirl28

Answer by kyliegirl28 at 9:29 AM on Apr. 24, 2010