Would you give $41,000 of your money to eliminate our nation's USA debt?

It's said that our current debt is more than 13 trillion dollars. If every citizen on The US would give $41,000 of their money our nation would be free of debt.

Are there any other ways to eliminate the nation's debt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• First off, HELL NO I'm not giving them any more money. They take enough of it as it is.

They need to get a panel of mothers together (not rich, privileged mothers but mothers that have to juggle money around to make sure all the bills get paid, food gets on the table and Junior gets the new clothes he needs for school) and let them look over the budget and fix it! (Of course, this will NEVER happen, because we'd see where all the politicians are lining their own pockets and put a stop to that!)
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 10:41 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I don't have $41,000 sitting in an account and I would not be willing to give it on top of all the taxes we pay now. Gov't needs to stop wasting money. They can't just give away money they don't have.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:29 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Hell no. I saw the debt clock this morning. I think anyone who has ever been in congress should divvy up the money. After all it's their spending that has gotten us where we are. Maybe if they knew it was coming out of their pockets they would think twice before blowing our money.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• And if every illegal gave $5 of the money they did not earn it would be done with a lot faster! They take enough of my hard earned money already, and no, you are not entitled to it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I don't have $41,000.00
    They can have the $4.00 I have in my purse though,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• i dont have the money. and i agree the government needs to learn how to spend it better.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:37 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• If I had that kind of money I would. BUT the government has to promise me that this is a one time deal. Don't come knocking on my door again!
    Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 9:41 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Obama could donate the millions he made last year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I say take it from all the liberals who vote the entitlement. In and out of congress.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• NO! It is not MY fault the democratic government can't control or spend money properly. I'll be DAMNED if they try to steal MORE of my money!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2010