Birthday gift help!

We have a birthday for a 2 y/o boy who is super active, loves things with wheels and balls...but he obviously has generic balls and trucks. So what to get him? It needs to be under $20 and I'd like it to be something he can be active with, but won't be aggressive since he's a little rough. Maybe an outdoor toy? Any suggestions?

mrs_pulley

Asked by mrs_pulley at 9:35 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A classic toy the Popcorn Popper

Energ8zr

Answer by Energ8zr at 9:46 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I would not recommend a popcorn popper for a 2 year old. My kids outgrew those between 12 nad 18 months.

A remote control car is a lot of fun. There are some made specifically for toddlers.

My son got a Diego play set for his 2nd birthday. He had no idea who it was, but it came with a cool jeep, Deiego, and a monkey; it's super tough, and he has enjoyed it.

My son also has a really cool set of Animal Planet dinosaurs from Toys R Us that he plays with a lot.

Tool sets are nice.

Several outdoor toys might be fun too - a hoola hoop, sand toys, bubble gun, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Apr. 21, 2010