Is green vomit a sign of something serious?

My husband has been sick with vomiting and dirraha since Tuesday 2am. He has fever and headache. This morning he began throwing up green, the color of grass. He hasn't ate anything and been drinking sprite. My two older kids had the stomach virus for 24 hours but nothing like what he is doing.He hurts in his upper stomach.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Health

• Yep, sounds like bile. I would ditch the soda and opt for some dry toast & weak tea instead, 'cause the sweetness of the soda can irritate the stomach & make you more nauseous, especially on an empty stomach.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Camomile tea is good for calming an upset stomac (acctually it is pretty much good for any thing ) , so is schredded apple - you know...on a mandolin thingy.

Coke (not pepsi or any thing else) is also good.

But if it is not getting better by friday, I would have him call his Dr. (before the weekend)

The pain he's having is probably sore stomach muscles from vomitting.
    Nynne

Answer by Nynne at 9:54 AM on Apr. 21, 2010