Crazy cat!!

We got a kitten last year and for the first 6 months had him in the house. We got him fixed and everything. We played with him ALOT (I was home on pregnant bedrest). Then he got MEAN. While playing he would spaz out and attack us, draw blood, Out of no where he would start biting and scratching us. Not just playing, full on hissing growling attacking. So we booted him outside because I didnt wnat him around the baby. Now whenever we got outside he is CONSTANTLY under our feet! He gets stepped on soo much. I dont even know how many times his tail has been shut in the car too because he gets in our way. But when you go out there to try to pet him or love on him he just bites us! I was sitting out there the other day and he came up all purring, so I bent down to pet him and he grabbed my hand and started attacking it. Is there anything I can do for him or is he just a mean rotten cat??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in Pets

• LOL..I have a crazy cat too. She doesn't attack though, she loves to be petted, but I have other issues with her. I think some cats are just a touch on the ferrel side (WILD). My cat outgrew the crazy attack stage on PEOPLE when she was about 1 year old. But she is still crazy attack mode on ANY animals. We have tried adding a lab puppy to our family and we couldn't keep it, she was seriously trying to kill the dog.After 2 months of working on it, we finally had to give the puppy away.I would have given the cat away but I don't feel its right to give someone else my problem and I worry what would happen to her because she is slightly looney,lol.I guess the only thing that will really work is time and age, maybe they will calm down as they get older. And DON'T give it CATNIP!! LOL Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 9:41 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• If you played rough with him then that is what caused this to happen. You might try setting him up,spray your hand with bitter apple and do whatever it is that will get him to bite. If he just reacts this will help teach him not to bite.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:53 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• Fix him if he isn't Most aggression issues stem from hormones. If he was taught to be a rough and tumble type of cat then its your fault for allowing him to play like that.

If he is fixed and he suddenly started acting aggressive, it could be medical issues as well. Have him checked at the vet. Thyroid issues almost always cause sudden aggression. So do brain tumors and lyme disease.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 11:03 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• So have it declawed. Then there is a lot less chance of it scratching anyone. But then the cat can't go outside, since it will not be able to defend itself. And I wouldn't play with it with you hand anymore. Get those fishing pole toys so everyone can have fun.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:26 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I have a cat thats the same way she has a appt to be declawed n spayed dont start bashing about how declawing is crule i have a new born to think about n yes declawed cats can servive out side my step dads cat did for 15 yrs he was declawed when he was adapted n we couldnt keep him in
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:49 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• cut your toes off rainmommy and then go outside and try to climb a tree while you are being chased by a bear....

Declawing is disgusting and its a solution that benefits no one but the lazy people who don't want to bother to take a few extra minutes to stop their cat from doing something.

Acid

Answer by Acid at 3:05 PM on Apr. 22, 2010