any resources for moms who are stressed?

this sounds awful, i know. but some days, i feel like i am out of control with my kids. i have a four year old who is constantly sassing me and who refuses to potty train, despite my asking him if he needs to potty every 30 min. my 18month old is into everything. my four year old tries to get away with doing the baby stuff just because the little one does it. i am at my wits end. i have run out of patience. there is more yelling in my house than i would care to admit. somedays, i really resent my children...and i love them. i don't want to feel like that about them. can anyone lend some ideas on discipline for both my kids and myself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Apr. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• first of all (hugs) some times being a mom is not all sunshine and roses is it hon? we all have those bad days and good for you for asking for help. cafemom does have some resources if you contact them directly, and no this isnt abuse and no one will take your kids. you just need some help!(and to those meanies who may answer nasty to this question ignore them, they are just mean)
    is there anyone who can give you a break? a friend, a family member? is there someone who can watch your kids for one afternoon a week, just so you have a break and something to look forward too? can dad help a little more"? the individual issues can be helped if you google the topics, tons of stuff will pop up so you can look thru and see what might work for you. sometimes when we are at our wits end, an obvious answer is right there but we are too stressed to see it.(hugs) hang in there mom, you are not alone.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:49 AM on Apr. 21, 2010

• I did a workshop based on the book called " the Incredible Years" It was a life saver. We now rarely have to discilpine our ODS. check out the book. It's made my life so much easier when dealing with the kids.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:45 PM on Apr. 21, 2010

• The book is about how to develop your relationship with your kids, how to communicate effectively, so you don't have to discipline as much. A lot of people don't realize that if they work on the relationship, not discipline, it takes you farther. Please check the book out. It also helps you communicate effectively with adults as well!

nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:48 PM on Apr. 21, 2010